If you find yourself asking is a YETI cooler worth it, chances are, you’re in the market t to buy a cooler to take on camping trips or family vacations. You’ve seen them online or even possibly in stores, but the price tag has stopped you in your tracks.
Having said that, there are many options available, and YETI coolers have become an incredibly popular choice for a multitude of reasons, in spite of their price tag. In this article we will take a close look at the benefits these coolers offer. The high cost of these coolers can be a little off-putting, but there is a lot you should learn about YETI coolers before making a decision.
Types of YETI Coolers
There are a few different types of coolers this company offers, and it’s important to know what they are. Each of these options has something different and unique to offer.
- Soft coolers: YETI offers a number of soft cooler models that are lightweight and highly portable. These ones are excellent for short hiking trips and for when you are going to be outdoors for at least a few hours.
- Traditional coolers: There are also a wide variety of traditional cooler models to choose from. There are different sizes available that can give you cold storage for up to three days. This is an option worth considering if you are planning on taking a weekend road trip.
- Premium coolers: You also have numerous premium models that can keep food and liquids cold for a very long time. If you are planning on taking a weeklong trip somewhere, you should take a look at these options.
If you’d like to have a look at a selection of Yeti Coolers, you can go directly to Amazon Here…
YETI Cooler Pros
One of the best things about YETI coolers is their thickly insulated walls. These coolers use as much as three inches of high quality polyurethane foam. This helps with maintaining the internal temperature for a very long time. You will therefore be able to preserve the contents of the cooler for extended periods. This can be very beneficial if you are going on a long trip. You’ll definitely be glad for this feature when you need to keep food cool so it doesn’t spoil.
A Variety of Sizes
You will have a wide variety of sizes to choose from with these coolers. This virtually guarantees that you’ll get your needs met. This company offers a six gallon water cooler that will provide you with ample space for storing food and liquids. There are also numerous other options that are smaller and more portable. You should be able to find precisely what you need without any issues. This company’s Tundra line of coolers alone offers 12 different sizes to choose from.
The rugged design of YETI coolers is another reason for their overwhelming popularity. Each of these coolers goes through a process known as “rotomolding”. This makes them particularly tough and durable. They can withstand a lot of abuse over the years without showing any signs of wear. If you really want to get your money’s worth, this is definitely a good option.
Each of these coolers is made from high-grade materials and they are expertly constructed. This means you can count on them to stand the test of time. Those who plan on using their cooler a lot will need to keep this in mind.
Variety of Colors
When you look into the various coolers that YETI offers, you’ll find that most of them are available in multiple colors. If aesthetics are important to you, this is something to keep in mind. There is really something for everyone when it comes to the color options of these coolers.
YETI COOLERS TUNDRA 75 DIMENSIONS
They are Bear Proof
This company advertises their coolers as being “bear proof”. This is something that you will be sure to appreciate if you go camping or hiking. These coolers are designed so that bears and other mischievous forest animals can’t get into them. You will be able to keep your food stored securely with the knowledge that it is safe from all creatures.
Leak Proof Design
The leak proof design of certain YETI coolers means that you won’t have to deal with any liquid escaping by accident. The Hopper Two 30 model in particular is completely leak proof and ideal for hiking, camping and much more. It features Hydrolok zippers along with a Dryhide exterior that keeps every drop of liquid contained at all times.
They are Highly Versatile
YETI Coolers offer a variety of models to accommodate your needs no matter what. Whether you need a new cooler for camping or just backyard cookouts, there is something for everyone. These coolers are specifically designed for versatility. This means that you can use most of them for many different types of trips and events. They are so durable that you can even take most of them white water rafting and kayaking. If you are a big outdoor adventure seeker, this company has exactly what you need.
All of the traditional coolers that YETI offers feature special feet on the bottom that keep them in place at all times. Unlike so many other coolers on the market, these ones won’t shift or slide around. This is especially beneficial if you need a new cooler to bring on your boat. You won’t have to worry about it moving around when you are bounding over even the biggest waves.
YETI Cooler Cons
They are Expensive
There is no question that YETI coolers are fairly expensive compared to many other options on the market. If you are on a tight budget, this can be a real problem. There are, however, some options that aren’t quite pricey as others.
They Can be Difficult to Clean
Some of the soft coolers that this company sells have a crumply interior that can make cleaning them out sort of a hassle.
Some Models are Very Heavy
Another drawback of certain traditional YETI coolers is that they can be quite heavy due to the thick insulation and durable materials. This is definitely a trade off, but it is one that could definitely be worth it. If you need a regular cooler that is light enough to carry a long ways, you might have some issues with these.
Best YETI Coolers
There are lots of different YETI coolers to choose from, so it is important to learn about some of their best offerings. The following coolers have a lot to offer in many different ways. After reading through, you should head over to the Amazon marketplace, and read the reviews for the various Yeti Coolers, and your question, is a yeti cooler worth it, will most likely be answered!
The Yeti Tundra 75 is a traditional cooler that is available in two different colors—Desert Tan and White. It is a great choice for long hunting trips, weekend getaways and family cookouts.
T-REX Lid Latches: The heavy duty rubber latches on this cooler use patented technology to keep the contents secure at all times.
Doublehaul Handles: This Tundra 75 cooler also features a special handle design with durable military-grade polyester rope.
Vortex Drain System: The drain system this cooler uses is entirely leak proof. It is designed for quick and easy draining.
Neverfail Hinge System: The hinges feature two pins and an interlocking design that prevents breakage. This means you can count on it to last a long time.
Anchorpoint Tie Down Slots: There are molded tie-down slots for easy mounting to your boat, truck bed or trailer.
If you are looking for a rugged and highly versatile cooler, this one certainly has a lot to offer. It is certainly one of the better models from this company.
Check out buyer’s reviews & get current pricing of the Tundra 75 at Amazon, right here!
The YETI Roadie 20 Cooler is available in a variety of colors, including Desert Tan, White, Ice Blue, Pink, Reef Blue, and Seafoam. It has a 14 can capacity with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio. This makes it an excellent choice for kayaking, boating and much more.
- Fatwall design: The extra thick walls of this cooler have two inches of insulation for maximum ice retention. You can count on it to keep the contents cold for at least several hours at a time.
- Permafrost insulation: This cooler’s pressure-injected commercial-grade polyurethane foam walls keeps your ice from melting quickly.
- Rotomolded design: The rotomolded design of this cooler makes it extremely durable and virtually indestructible. It can tolerate an astounding amount of abuse without sustaining any damage whatsoever.
- Coldlock gasket: The freezer-quality gasket encloses the entire length of the lid to keep heat out and lock in the cold. This ultimately means longer storage time.
Measuring 19 by 14 by 15 inches with a total weight of nearly 16 pounds, this cooler isn’t incredibly heavy or bulky. You should have no problem carrying it around short distances.
Check out buyer’s reviews & get current pricing of the Yeti Roadie 20 in the Amazon marketplace, right here.
The Hopper Backflip 24 is a soft style cooler that also serves as a backpack. It is a perfect choice for camping, hiking, kayaking and many other outdoor activities. The 20-can capacity of this cooler gives you plenty of room for liquid and food of all kinds.
- Coldcell insulation: The closed-cell rubber foam insulation helps to keep the contents cool for long periods.
- Dryhide shell: This cooler features a dryhide shell that is resistant to mildew, punctures and even UV rays. The liner is made of FDA-approved food-grade material.
- Leakproof zipper: The zipper this cooler uses is designed to prevent annoying leaks, so all of the liquid stays inside.
- Chest strap: The removable chest strap and waist belt that you get with this cooler will keep it securely affixed to your body. This is just one of the things that makes it ideal for hiking.
This cooler weighs only 1 pound, making it perfect for carrying around long distances. If you need a rugged and reliable cooler for your outdoor adventures, this one is worth considering.
Check out buyer’s reviews & get current pricing of the Yeti Hopper Backflip 24 on Amazon…
The Hopper Sidekick is one of the toughest and most trustworthy portable coolers on the market. It gives you a lot of useful features in a small package.
- Hydroshield Closure: The powerful magnets this cooler uses ensures that it is 100% waterproof.
- Re-welded seams: This cooler’s re-welded seams prevent spillage, so you won’t have any annoying messes to contend with.
- Belt attachment: You will be able to hook this cooler onto your belt for easy carrying when you are hiking.
Measuring 11 ¾ by 7 1/8 by 3.25 inches with a weight of under 15 ounces, this backpack cooler has an ultra-portable design. It is absolutely perfect for hiking, camping, kayaking, rafting and much more.
The Silo 6 water cooler has a six gallon capacity that gives you ample storage space for water bottles, soda cans and more. It is also perfect for storing food when you go camping.
- SteadySteel Handle: The handle on this cooler gives you an easy way to carry it around without any extra pressure. It is also very durable, so you can count on it to stand the test of time.
- SurePour Spigot: The ergonomic design of this cooler’s spigot gives you a fast and even flow rate. This allows you to fill up quick without any annoying delay.
- Coldlock Gasket: The gasket on this cooler helps to keep every ounce of liquid inside cold for a very long time.
When you need to find a large cooler that will satisfy all of your needs, this one is an incredible overall choice. It measures 16 by 15.5 by 18 inches with a total weight of 16.5 pounds. Considering how durable and well-insulated this cooler is, it is surprisingly light and easy to carry around.
Read the reviews and get up to date pricing, Here on Amazon
Is a Yeti Cooler Worth It – Final Thoughts
The fact is that YETI coolers have a lot to offer, so you always get your money’s worth. If you are willing and able to spend the extra money, these coolers are a great investment. They have an incredible rugged construction and highly efficient designs. You can rely on these coolers to last a lifetime, so there is no need to replace them. There are tons of different models available, so you should be able to get your needs met. You won’t find many other coolers on the market today that are as well-constructed or dependable as these.